The question of safety in this world arises very often when people train their children or when ladies come in for training. Normally, the best form of martial arts in these cases is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ).
Here are a bunch of reasons why CROSSTRAIN Fight Club (CFC) is gung- ho about BJJ:
- The training is created to defend yourself against a person of any size. It is a form of martial arts that makes a smaller, fragile person capable of defeating a larger one.
- BJJ involves developing your mind. It conditions the fighter to strategize moves instead of mindlessly attacking the opponent.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu combines preparation, situational awareness and develops the skill of being alert at all times.
BJJ works with three fundamental techniques:
- The chokes: As the name suggests, the effective strategies used to cut of air or blood supply of your attacker or opponent.
- The Locks: Here the focus is on the opponent’s muscles or joints. They are extended beyond comfort. This technique aims at the joints and not the bones per say.
- Transitions: These techniques involve moving from attack or defense positions to another position to be at an advantage over your opponent or attacker.
- Escapes: When caught in any of above position, these techniques help you escape.
These prove to be effective in any situation—a fight in a ring or a fight against an assailant (even one who is weapon- clad). So be rest assured, when you learn BJJ and it becomes a part of you, you are pretty invincible in life.